*Please see this previous post for an introduction to this prayer series.
Suggested Spiritual Practice:
Suggested Spiritual Practice: Daily Examen
· Download the “Reimagining the Examen” app
· Or find examen guidelines online
· “Bless the Lord my soul” (Taize)
· “Awake my Soul” (Mumford and Sons)
· “Say a Prayer” (from Memphis)
Call to Worship:
God who quenches thirst,
God who makes a way,
I am part of the people you have formed for yourself.
Renew my spirit this morning
As I declare your praise.
- Monday: Psalm 126
- Tuesday: John 12:1-8
- Wednesday: Philippians 3:4b-14
- Thursday: Isaiah 43:16-21
- Friday: John 8:1-11
- Saturday: Psalm 119:9-16
Time for silent, written, and/or spoken reflections
- Monday: “Anointed” by Jan Richardson
- Tuesday: “On Living Close to Death” by Joanna
- Wednesday: “Surprise” by Ric Hudgens
- Thursday: “Eight activists helping migrants cross brutal desert . . . ” news story
- Friday: “Laying Down our Stones” by Joanna
- Saturday: “Stop, Listen, Re-focus: A Prayer for Lent” by Christine Sine
Prayers of Thanksgiving and Intercession
You are welcome to offer your own prayers of thanksgiving and intercession, then conclude with the prayer below.
Holy, Leading, Loving God,
I seek a path through the raging sea.
I thirst for water in the parched desert.
I long for signs of life in the barren wilderness.
I wait for resurrection in the face of death.
Pour out your anointing
To heal me,
To heal those I love,
To heal this world.
“The spiritual life . . .is not achieved by denying one part of life for the sake of another. The spiritual life is achieved only by listening to all of life and learning to respond to each of its dimensions wholly and with integrity.”
― Joan D. Chittister, Wisdom Distilled from the Daily: Living the Rule of St. Benedict Today
Benediction (from Philippians 4:4-7)
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Amen.