Spiritual Practice Materials (PDFs)
- Fruit of the Spirit Retreat: fruit of the spirit retreat
- Creative Arts Lenten Retreat (Year B): Holy Spaces Lenten Retreat
- Colored Pencil Prayers: colored pencil pdf
Rev. Gal Blog Pals contributor
—Humor Column: Wits’ Ends Days
- Is it work? Flowchart for Pastors
- Evaluation for Pastor Jesus
- A Pastor Prepared for Vacation
- Vacation Tips for the Pastor
- Gal Eye for the Pastor Guy
- Bullet Journals for Pastors
- Happy (Ash) Valentine’s (Wednes)Day
- New Year’s Resolutions (for other people)
- December Clergy BINGO
- Gratitude List
- Pastoral Things (to the tune of “Favorite Things”)
- All I Really Need to Know About Pastoring I Learned from My Cat
Brain Mill Press faith column
Practicing Families blog contributor and editor (now inactive)
Huffington Post blog (now inactive)
Fidelia’s Sisters (note that I am no longer “young” :-))
“Your Seminary Course Catalog (A Few Additions)” February 3, 2011
“Mom as Pastor” June 24, 2010
“Creativity and Care” (poem) January 26, 2010
“Giving Directions” January 14, 2010
“A Taste of Grace” November 26, 2009
Print Publications (some also available online)
Essays “Of Water and the Body” and “Before the Resurrection” in There’s a Woman in the Pulpit: Christian Clergywomen Share their Hard Days, Holy Moments & the Healing Power of Humor. Ed. Rev. Martha Spong. Skylight Paths Publishing, Woodstock, VT, 2015.
Essay “Reading Scripture in Light of the Enfleshed Word” in A Living Alternative: Anabaptist Christianity in a Post-Christendom World. Ed. Joanna Harader and A.O. Green. Ettelloc Publishing, New York, 2014.
Book Review on Oriented to Faith: Transforming the Conflict over Gay Relationships, by Tim Otto, in Anabaptist Witness.
Essays “Our Loss” (August 25, 2016), “Fear, Power and Non-indictment in the Murder of Tamir Rice” (March 2016), and “So You Wanna be a Mennonite?” (July 1, 2010) in The Mennonite.
Essays “Worth the Wait: The Rare Blessing of a Benediction” (July 26, 2016); “Easter Already” (February 25, 2016); “Living by the Word” (December 23, 2015); “So Much for Unity” (December 12, 2013) in Christian Century
“Holy Spaces of Inclusion” and “Sermon for Inclusive Worship” (May 2014) in Mennonite Life.
Worship Resources Summer 2012 and “Pondering the Word” (Winter 2010-2011) in Leader Magazine.
Jr. Youth Sunday School curriculum for Shine: Winter 2018-19; Fall 2019; Winter 2019-20