I’m working on a new devotional book–a sort of creative prayer journal: Colored Pencil Prayers. I will have the blog page of detailed information up over the weekend (in plenty of time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday which I have ambiguous feelings about, but anyway . . .).
In the meantime, I can tell you that Colored Pencil Prayers will give instructions and prompts for five different types of creative arts prayer–all using, yes, colored pencils. Along with the instructions and prompts, I will include an example for each type of prayer, and I would love for those examples from this blog community.
So here is the deal: a free Colored Pencil Prayers book for the first five volunteers. (Shipping within the U.S. is included; international shipping is negotiable–I need to check rates.)
Volunteers agree to:
- Receive instructions for one type of creative prayer practice.
- Let me know if anything in the instructions is unclear (or misspelled).
- Engage in the described prayer practice using a 4″ X 4″ piece of white paper and colored pencils. (Black pen can also be used if you want.)
- Send me a quality scan of your prayer creation by November 29. (Please do not volunteer if you have doubts about making this deadline.)
- Grant permission for your prayer to be used in the Colored Pencil Prayers book.
- Send me your address so I can mail you your book!
Are you excited yet?
Volunteer by clicking the “contact” tab above and filling out the brief form. That way I have your email address.
**Friday morning update: We have enough volunteers now. Thanks!**